Wednesday, May 11, 2016

OI Clinic Day 1

Day 1 started at 6:30am. After breakfast we went to hospital to begin our appointments. Willow started with a dexa scan which measures bone density. She then had multiple X-rays of her body and I am anxious to see results of both of these. After a short break, she has an audio screening: perfect hearing. Last was a pulmonary test and for someone who knows how to scream, she had trouble blowing out the candles.



   I was able to meet other OI families tonight and Willow actually played today with a little girl!  There was a play set in the back of Rainbow House and Willow wanted to go down the slide. I was aprehansive however I am trying to let her set the bar for what she can and can't do. She went down @ 10 times before I was done with the lifting. I am glad she was able to slide and pray that God continues to keep her bones whole and strong.
   Tomorrow will be the big day. Morning appointments with Dr, surgeon, PT and OT. Please pray that there is a plan for her that we can all agree on and will help her reach her full potential.





No comments:

Post a Comment