Wednesday, May 11, 2016

Omaha

Yesterday (tues) I drove to Omaha NE with Willow and Evan for medical appointments today and tomorrow at their childrens hospital OI clinic. It was a twelve hour drive which included two 30 minute stops. Both kids did great especially with the last couple hours of Iowa farms. I am thankful that I didn't get tired till the end (8pm)
   We are staying at a place called Rainbow House which is a hostel for families of children getting treatment at the children's hospital. It is free and includes basic food and drink. I am very thankful for this blessing. Today we have the first of our medical tests done. They include X-rays of all bones, a scan to determine Willows bone density, an audiologist appt. and a pulmonary exam.

   I am praying that we get all the information we need to make the best decisions of her medical needs and a plan for surgeries. We have come a long way and that may seem crazy but in all my research I discovered that this is the place where the experts are and once we have a plan than we hope to use providers closer to home for the basic care needs with surgery here.
play room at rainbow house


No comments:

Post a Comment